What is the role of a ride coordinator?
- Become familiar with routes; select appropriate rides and classify them by type and degree of difficulty; set dates and times; starting locations and access, special things to bring, availability of washrooms, carpooling if applicable, and refreshment considerations.
- Post rides to the EVCC website following certain conventions, using a template provided or copying a previous ride on the website.
- Send notification emails to the membership one week and then one day before rides.
- Send last minute reminder emails to members already registered for rides, discussing weather and other matters. Cancellation due to inclement weather might be necessary.
During the ride
- Welcome participants and arrange introductions.
- Encourage everybody to follow established Covid-19 rules.
- Remind participants about safety, review the route, record attendance.
- Organize regrouping locations and sweeps as considered necessary.
After the ride
- Encourage participants to visit a local social establishment (follow Covid-19 safety protocols).
- Report any accidents or difficulties to Program Director.
- Cancel the registrations of “no shows”.
- Post a trip report on our website
Where can I get more information?
If you need further details on the duties and responsibilities of a coordinator, whether you are a registered coordinator or a member interested in becoming a coordinator, please contact the Program Director or another coordinator for assistance.
Our contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org